Location and Hours of Operation
Location: The Jenks Library is located behind the Hosmer House at 300 Main St.
Hours: The Library may be open by appointment.
The Jenks Library preserves, stores and displays the Acton Historical Society's collection of
historical books and papers. These materials include diaries, maps, legal and business records,
scrapbooks, town reports, letters, photographs, historical records, and ephemera related to
Acton's history, families and businesses. The Jenks Library also maintains histories and
genealogical information for surrounding towns. Materials in the collection do not circulate,
but photocopying is available at the discretion of the Library staff.
· The Jenks Library volunteer staff may do research for individuals tracing their family lines or the
history of their own or a family property.
· A $10 donation is suggested.
· For extensive research requiring a written summary, a $25 donation is requested.
· Reproduction and postage costs are additional.
· The Jenks Library volunteer staff may do research on prior use of a property or structures, including
the review of maps and photographs.
· There is a $25 minimum fee for this service.
· For extensive research requiring a written summary, an additional $15 per hour will be billed.
How To Contact Us
· Telephone - 978-264-0690
· Write –
Attn: Jenks Library